Sunday, January 10, 2010

To boldly go where many have gone before...

Today, I begin The Mission. Ah, what is this Mission I speak of, you ask? Well, let me give you the down low:

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days? 
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.


Yeah, yeah...so I've jumped on the bandwagon. I did what everyone else has done or is doing. And I don't give a fudge. Each one of these tasks on The Mission means something to me, and I believe will help me become a better person, as well as better understand myself. And if you know me, you know I'm pretty tenacious and determined- a deadly combination. So, follow me if you will, on my journey of self-discovery through this blog. Or don't. Either way, I don't really care. The list of tasks to be completed on The Mission is to the left, if you'd like to peruse through them or whatnot. I've already started on a few of them. We'll see how the rest turn out. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, GO!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so interesting!! I'm excited to be following it now :)
    Greetings from Alfie at the Craft Pad (iLoveMail on Swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete