Five ways that a teacher might need to change common practice to engage digital natives:
- Come up with fun and engaging lessons that involve technology that the students use every day.
- Find new and innovative technologies that you and your class can learn to use together and develop lessons using the new technology.
- Move away from the old, boring methods that keep kids in their seats all day with their noses in a book or on a worksheet.
- Have students that are confident in their technology skills teach skills to the class.
- Once students learn new concepts and skills, have them "re-teach" those skills to their parents via technology as a way to review and reinforce these skills.